Google has announced plans to make Google Assistant more visual, more natural, and more useful.
Google Assistant is available on more than 500 million devices, works with more than 5,000 connected home devices, is available in cars with more than 40 brands and will be available in more than 30 languages and 80 countries by the end of the year.
The company also revealed that it is taking Google Home and Google Home Mini to seven new countries later this year: Spain, Mexico, Korea, Netherlands, Denmark, Norway and Sweden.
Check out some of the news released by the company:
- New Voices: Starting today, you can choose from six new voices for your Google Assistant. Family voices, like John Legend lending his melodic tones to Assistant, will be released later this year.
- Ongoing conversation: Soon, you can have a natural round-trip conversation without repeating “Hi Google” for each follow-up request.
- Pretty Please: Family Assistant Features – with Family Link – offers free games, activities, and stories for the entire family of content partners like Disney.
- New visual design for phones: Google wants to experience the Wizard all the time on the screen and in this sense has announced plans to introduce more immersive, interactive and proactive experiences.
- Smart Displays: YouTube TV will be introduced in Smart Displays along with other Google services like Maps, Calendar, Duo and Photos. Available for purchase in July.
- Assistant getting to Google Maps navigation: Google Assistant will have room for navigation in Google Maps this summer, so you can send text messages, play music and podcasts, and get information without leaving the navigation screen.
- Making things happen in the real world: Google has announced plans to test a new feature in Google Assistant to help you make restaurant reservations, schedule appointments for hairdressers, and receive a telephone vacation.