Public cloud grants accessibility of systems and various services to general public. Eg: Google, Microsoft, Amazon etc. Advantages and Disadvantages of Public Cloud is as follows;
- Cost Effective – Public cloud share same resources with large number of consumer. So it is avialable for low cost.
- Reliability – Public cloud implements large number of resources from different locations. Therefore when any resource fail, public cloud is able to implement another resource allowing uninterrupted service.
- Flexibility – Public cloud can be easily integrate with private cloud, giving consumers a flexible approach.
- Location Independent – Public Cloud is delivered through internet, which means anyone can access public cloud regardless the location.
- Utility Style Costing – Public cloud is based on pay-per-use model
- High Scalability – Public Cloud can be scaled up or down according the requirement.
- Low Security – Major disadvantage of Public cloud is security. Since data that is hosted in public cloud is off-site and resources are shared publicly, there is a security and privacy issue.
- Less Customizable – It is comparatively less customizable than private cloud.