Private cloud is hosted and operated only within a organization, and it can be managed internally or by third party. Only users within the organization can access the system and services. Let’s take a look what are the advantages and disadvatages of Private Cloud.
- Higher Security and Privacy – Unlike Public cloud, private cloud is not available to general public. All the resources are shared within an organization only. Therefore private cloud has high security than public cloud.
- More Control – Since private cloud is managed within an organization, it have more control on its resources and hardware.
- Cost and Energy Efficiency – Although private cloud resources are not cost effective as public cloud, it is more efficient than public cloud.
- Restricted Area – Since private cloud is available for access localy, it is much difficult to access globally. Simply, private cloud is not ‘location independent’.
- Inflexible Prices – Organizations have to bare more cost to purchase new hardware when public cloud is expanding to fulfill the demand.
- Limited Scalability – Scalability of private cloud is limited to the capacity of internal hosted resources.